The answer is The Box
That moment of privacy with your music, your sound system, in your room, in your living room, in your office, in your bedroom. Sound lovers know perfectly that time and those feelings. Want something more; more definition, more solid bass, while adjusted, less aggressive but more precise treble, warm and greater plasticity mids, more present voice, more focused, more real; immerse you deeply in the scene sound. How get this without having to change all the system or a large part of it? How to achieve a substantial improvement with all those
features with a very contained investment?
The answer is The Box.
¿What is The Box?
The Box is a high quality sound device that has been designed to achieve a substantial improvement in an already existing equipment. Just add The Box to your current setup and start enjoying the rediscovery of your sound system and your recordings without having to replace any component.
What does The Box do with signal? Does it modify it in any way?
The Box is a completely linear amplifier. It’s normal, without making a good scientific and technical approach, to be unaware of the large energy losses involving cable interconnection of sound devices and interaction with other equipments. All audio equipment, in its input, has a series of filters to reject undesired components, for example, interference or direct current. This filter, seen by the source equipment output stage, is a challenge for it of impedance, capacitance in inductance. In addition, combined with the induction of the cable and its capacitance – typically, its impedance is negligible-. The Box, through a careful design of its input and output filters, its topology and the employment of our AE2270 discrete operational amplifier, of advanced audio design, is capable of making your source equipment immune to all this kind of negative interactions. The effect got is as if you could modify your device source physically to get that had an output section of higher quality. Therefore, the result is like buying a device much more level and price that you have currently, but spending much less money, several times less. So simple. So true.
Adding The Box to your sound system is better than adding the most transparent cable you can afford.
An example of use?
We were doing the following tests with sound enthusiasts:
We had a well known multi-format player(Blu Ray, SACD, CD, etc) from an American brand of around 1,000 euros price point and a high level SACD player from a well-known Japanese brand, widely awarded, 2,200 euros. In comparative tests, obviously, although the multi-format one won in terms of functionality, respecting sound quality, playing SACD and CD, high-level reader won by a landslide. We added a The Box prototype connected to the output of the well known multi-format player and listeners reacted noticing the bulky quality difference between the two devices disappeared, becoming a matter of very subtle nuances and not always in favor of high-level SACD player.
Spending 590 euros they’d have got the same result than spending 2,200 and with the convenience of having a single player and the consequent saving of space, remote controls and complexity. And saving more than 1,600 euros. Is there something better?
How do I setup The Box in my system?
The Box can be connected between two any sound devices with level line input/output, using a cable with RCA connector. That is:
I have a high-end equipment, ¿will The Box be able to better the result?
Imagine a shinning silver, of magnificent bright appearance, appears gleaming. Someone gives you a product to clean silver and you decide to try it. After using it on your tray, you discover that, actually, it wasn’t as clean as you thought and, now your tray looks even more bright and resplendent. That’s what happens to incorporate The Box into a high-level audio system.
Hearing tests since it began with the first prototypes to the finished units of The Box, very high quality level equipment have been used, including power amplifiers and previous of real hi-end and sources such as DACs and CD players of high level and price (above 2000 EUROS) and there hasn’t been a single case in which the difference by connecting The Box wasn’t notable.
What is The Box based on to achieve those results?
I want to know further: how do you did this?
- A low vibration, low electromagnetic radiation, high efficiency encapsulated toroidal transformer is used as power supply heart.
- PCB has been designed with large width tracks and double thickness -70 um instead of standard 35 um- using always the least possible length with the global goal of minimizing impedance.
- In addition, the advanced PCB design, caring for the relative position of components and functional blocks and, using techniques as “guard rings”.
- Symmetrical design, to make the influence of current induced by power supply and mains magnetic fields – unavoidable physical fact – the closest possible on both channels, thus maintaining the best stereo imaging.
- Carefully selected components: low impedance power supply filter capacitors, metal film resistors of 1% of tolerance in audio signal path. Polypropylene film capacitors where possible and polyester film where values doesn’t allow the previous. With the
guarantee of the best brands: Nichicon, Panansonic, Elna, Vishay, Wima Epcos, etc.
- A chassis of extruded aluminium which gives thermal stability to the set, because the whole enclosure can act as a heatsink to air, and mechanic, because the reduced parts count gives it great rigidity, avoiding microphonic effects.
- Of course, The Box complies with RoHS directive.
In addition, The box is hand-crafted in Spain
Nominal gain: 6 dB.
Maximum output level: 14 V RMS or more.
Input impedance: 50 KOhm
Total harmonic distortion:
- At 1 KHz and 3 V RMS output: < 0,0004 %
- At 1 KHz and 0 dBu input: < 0,0004 %
Intermodulation distortion (19 KHz – 20 KHz):
- At 1 V RMS output: 0,0007 % or less
- At 0 dBu input: 0,0007 % or less
Frequency response at 1 V RMS:
- 20 Hz – 20 KHz: -0,4 dB, +0 dB
- Channel accuracy < 0,05 dB
Signal to noise ratio: 110 dB or better (at 1 KHz and input shorted).
Stereo crosstalk: < -110 dB (at 1 KHz and 1,55 V RMS or 6 dBu input level in other channel).
Power consumption: 9 W
Nominal supply voltage: 230 V o 115 V (factory set) 50 – 60 Hz.
Maximum dimensions: 237 mm (L) x 169 mm (W) x 64 mm (H) (including connectors and feet)